Sunday, November 20, 2011

My New Supercomputing Center

Recently I applied for and received an XSEDE (Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment) Startup Allocation Award (DEB-110024), allowing me to use the San Diego Supercomputing Center (SDSC) Trestles cluster. The cluster itself contains over 10,000 processor cores; you can read more about it here. While there are many different types of research being conducted using this cluster, my work focuses on ecological and evolutionary analyses of molecular sequence data. Previously I conducted my computationally-intensive analyses using the Duke Shared Cluster Resource (DSCR). However, since leaving Duke University a few months ago, I have been without a cluster. I am happy to say that I now have access to a cluster once more! Let the supercomputing resume!

- Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment