Friday, October 19, 2012

Relocating to Philadelphia

Last week I relocated to the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.  I have started a new position as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the lab of Dr. Elizabeth Grice in the Department of Dermatology (School of Medicine).  The lab that I have joined is focused primarily on the skin microbiome, the collection of organisms that live on the surfaces of our bodies.  This position will give me a perfect opportunity to conduct research that integrates my main interests, specifically biodiversity, bioinformatics, ecology, evolution, and genomics, in a system that is new to me.  In this position, I will be able to maximally utilize my computational skills and continue to keep pace with the ever-changing next-generation sequencing technology.  I've already started on a few projects, and have encountered some exciting bioinformatics challenges.  As I continue my blog, I will surely place a greater emphasis on bioinformatics of next-generation sequencing data in my posts, so be prepared!

Thanks to all for your support!

- Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment